Thank you to Ivana at @bookprejudice for tagging me in this! Your answers were so interesting, I’m excited to complete mine!
1. What do you like about buying new books?
Oh so many things! I love the feel of being surrounded by (and stroking) books and admiring the cover art. I love seeing which books grab my attention. I love knowing that the small brick of pages I’m holding will introduce me to a new world, new characters and new stories.
2. How often do you buy new books?
More than I care to admit! Having completed four years of university studying Literature, I bought MANY books for the course. It’s nice to buy books for myself now!
3. Bookshops or online book shopping: which do you prefer?
Bookshops! Bookshops! Bookshops!
4. Do you have a favourite bookshop?
My local bookshop, Griffin Books, is lovely. It’s a small, treasure chest of ceiling to floor books. And the staff are all lovely. I am also lucky to live not far from Hay-on-Wye, home to the Hay Film and Literature Festival, which has many amazing little bookshops.
5. Do you pre-order books?
I’ve pre-ordered a few books in my life. Mainly if I’m a huge fan on the author, I’ll pre-order. A nice little bonus to that is they will often sign the book.
6. Do you have a monthly buying limit?
I don’t tend to limit myself, no. I go through weeks where I don’t read and then periods where all I do is read. So I don’t tend to buy books every month.
7. How big is your wish list?
It’s about 80 books long, is that big? I’m not sure…
8. Which three books from your wish list do you wish to own right now?
- The Kingdom of Back by Marie Lu
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
- War Girls by Tochi Onyebuchi
That was fun! I haven’t tagged anyone because I’m old and can’t figure out how! But feel free to join in!